It’s been a year full of excitement for 2009 and the best part is that there will be plenty more in store in 2010. Just before I say farewell to 2009, here’s my fond memories of this year …
– My first time to the Cayman Islands was like being in paradise and to win the title there in front of such an enthusiastic crowd was a treat.
– After a while not being back to Texas, I finally made it back there to see more familiar faces I missed and also winning the title in Plano for the first time.
– Touring around Switzerland and Rome with the WISPA crew to do a WISPA promotional squash tour leading up to the Squash 2016 Bid.
– Was honoured a place out of 6 to represent the WSF team doing the presentation for the Squash 2016 Bid in front of the Executive Board of the IOC in Lausanne. The most nerve wrecking moment of my life but truly a memorable experience.
– Experiencing the World Games in Taiwan with the various other multi sport games involved all gunning to win a medal for their country.
– My sister’s wedding in Penang after the Malaysian Open and before the Singapore Open was such a joy to be part of and to witness everyone enjoying the celebrations.
– The World Open win in Amsterdam in front of my second home crowd and with my parents around was just another dream come true.
– Having a court named after me in Bukit Jalil, Kuala Lumpur was something I couldn’t comprehend especially at the time. I was so overwhelmed!
– Snowing during the festivities and experiencing a Christmas celebration by the woodfire in the UK gives a warm tingly feeling all over.
And last but not least my sister’s English wedding with her family in law and friends here at their house. It’s New Year’s Eve and it’s going to be a lovely get together with close friends, family and everyone who are gearing up for 2010!
Cheers to all and thank you once again for your support always!!